If you are going to summer camp this year this post could be helpful to you. Students go to summer camp for all types of reasons. The most popular reason would be to hang with friends for a week. Which is awesome and was definitely one of the big reasons I went to summer camp. Since camps are right around the corner here are a few things that you could do to make this the best camp ever:
- Take advantage of the fact that you have a whole week to focus on your relationship with Christ.
- If you are going to summer camp and you are still investigating who Christ is, take advantage of having a leader in your cabin and ask them the questions you have.
- Think about your current relationships. Do you need more people in your life who are genuinely following Christ? Start praying now that God will bring those people into your life at camp. My favorite part about camp is seeing new friendships formed.
- Think about the mentors in your life or the lack there of. Camp is a great opportunity to build a great student/mentor relationship with your cabin leader that could surpass the week at camp.
- Take advantage of the cabin debrief and share your thoughts with your group, because you never know who needs to hear what you have to say. God can use anything and anyone who’s willing to be used.
- Keep a questions list. If you hear a speaker say something you don’t understand don’t let it go. Write it down and ask your leader later.
- Last but not least start PRAYING today that God would do something amazing in your life.
Hope it helps
4 thoughts on “For Students: 7 Ways To Make Summer Camp The Best EVERRR!!”
what camp you guys headed to?
We are actually running our own camp with the help of a company called Christ in Youth in Murrieta Hot Springs.