Every week at Life Groups we take one scripture verse and everyone goes home and studies it. The next week we briefly go over the learning’s before our lesson. I always try to tie the verse into the lesson for easy transition. This exercise really helps the guys out with a weekly study time in the bible apart from Life group/Small group. We’ve done this exercise many times before and every time we’ve done it God shows us some really great things. I have all of my guys studying the same verse. As they study the verse they write down the top ten things they get out of the verse and then they share one of them during our time together. They always come back with great insight(revelation) from these verses and then we challenge each other to live our learning’s out in our everyday life. This week was awesome because the insight that was shared made the verse so applicable to our everyday life with Christ. So I thought I would share them.
Here is the verse:
- Psalm 86:11 Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
- Allowing Christ to be the Conductor of my life. Chad D
- An undivided heart united in the ways of God’s truth for my life. Ryan L
- Humility- understanding we need God to teach us his ways, we are lost on our own. Bryce D
- Open to learning and growing in Christ. Sean B
- Following God without question-he is truth. Collin M
- Only God can change the heart of man. Having the truth of his way unite our heart. Connor K
- Allowing God to lead you as you lead others. Connor D
- I must realize my ways are not true, truth can only be found in God. ac