I remember having a conversation with a student who was not a christian and I ask him what did he think about Christians? He quickly said “Christians are too judgmental”. As we began to talk I found out that it had nothing to do with him but everything to do with how bad the church treated his family. Now, I can’t say if the church was right or wrong but what I can say is this kid needed an encounter with Christ. He needed to know what Christ thought about him and his family. We talked for a while and it was cool to see his heart change towards Christ and the church. This got me thinking about how we seem to be defined by crazy-makers or just incidents beyond our control. I know there are a lot of students who need to encounter Christ just like this. I really want to challenge you all to be proactive this up coming school year:
- Pray for students at your school to have a real encounter with Christ.
- Pray that God would use you to connect others to Him.
- Pray for opportunities to share Christ.
- Pray for boldness to share Christ.
- Treat others like you want to be treated.
- Show dignity to the outcast in your school.
- Do what is right. Care more about your character than popularity this year.
Make these seven things your prayer everyday during the school year and watch God bring people into your life or path who needs a real encounter with Christ. Don’t say to yourself I’m not equipped to lead people to knowing Christ. You only have to be two things to be used by God ‘willing and available’ which both take zero skill.
Hope it helps.