In order for anything to move there must be a constant flow of energy. I’m learning it’s the same way with my life being effective for God. In order for me to be moving in the right direction there must be a constant flow of acknowledging God in the matters of my life. When that doesn’t happen I stall. I make bad choices and decisions.
Do you have a daily connection with God?
The effectiveness of my life for God is only as strong as my daily connection with Him. My ministry should be a direct reflection of my daily connection to the one who holds the purpose to my ministry. For example:
- The same unconditional love I receive from my relationship with God should flow over into the way I love others.
- The way that God has given to me, should flow over into how I give to others.
- The way God has cared for me through our relationship, should flow over into how I care for others.
Those things are hard to do consistently when I’m not connecting with the source daily. Whenever my life seems super overwhelming and I feel like I’m lost in it all, I first check out how often I’ve spent time connecting with God. We never purposefully stop connecting. We either get distracted by the craziness of life or sometimes even the calmness of life can derail us. We get very comfortable with things being great and we don’t see ourselves drifting away from our daily connection. Things have to get rough in order for us to fall back in line with connecting with God.
God longs to connect daily with us. He has so much to share and give to us that we miss out when we are not connecting daily. Now, I must say, He doesn’t want me to go off on a guilt trip feeling bad about what I haven’t been doing. He just wants to reconnect and bring things back into perspective for me.
- Making a connection to God daily humbles me. It reminds me that I’m not perfect and that I can’t be the person I want to be without Him.
If you get this now in High School it will save you so much heart ache and pain. If you are struggling with connecting daily with God, don’t allow that to discourage you. Here’s a few things that helps me keep my relationship with God moving forward:
- You must make your relationship with God a priority.
- You must spend time with God.
- You must learn about God. – The more you know about Him, the more you will understand your purpose.
- You must understand that God exercises perfect love. – you must understand this because when you mess up you must know that the love God have for you is unfailing and it doesn’t hold grudges. Receive his forgiveness and continue building your relationship.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
hope it helps